Saturday, February 6, 2010

THIS.. IS A DOG

As we do every year my wife and I recorded
the Eukaneuba dog show and sat down to watch it.
I swear after watching 20 minutes, no kidding, the first two groups of the show, who wins top honors?
Poodles! Toy group- Toy poodle, Non sporting group, incidentally the group which enjoys the membership of the Bulldog, Standard Poodle wins.
If they could figure out how to get a poodle into the Hound group and the working group I'm sure the Judges would choose poodles for those too.
Now don't get me wrong, I don't believe the Bully should win the Non Sporting group every time, as a matter of fact the A.K.C. Bulldog is a inferior creature anyway, over bred! Can't breath, skin issues.
Just not really the best, I love them though! All Bulldogs! In addition to our two O.E.B.s, we have a very large and sweet American bulldog, and a Pit bull cross, boxer, I think.
As a kid I had lots of dogs. My folks tell stories of Sam who was my protector and constant companion when I was 4 or 5, he was a Black Lab. We had a German shepherd named Tara. Still in all I'd never had such an awesome dog as this one, he is my constant companion. However, Freeway would never win a dog show, in fact, the A.K.C. doesn't even recognize the O.E.B. as a breed. Shame!
No wonder their judges choose poodles any time they can. That doesn't change the fact that my wife and I feel cheated by these shows that choose the Poodles time after time after time!
I QUIT! I refuse to watch anymore!

No comments: