Monday, November 29, 2010

Post by Andriod

They're complicated, they're a pain! What have we gotten ourselves into? Gadgets!!
A couple of months ago Ms. Lea bought me a new Droid phone by HTC. It looks really cool. When you turn it on it says "Driod" in a cylon tone just like you see on the commercials. Very Very cool!
However....
Now, I'll admit I'm not on the Geek squad or anything, but I am fairly savvy when it comes to working the camera or a computer, hooking up the cable, or setting up the stereo. I've done a lot of that stuff, but this phone... wow! It took me a whole day to figure out how to make a call!
I wanted a smart phone, because the last job I ran, my superintendent wound up having to go back to his home town to start another job, so I had to communicate with him some how. Not all construction sites have phone and power capabilities and although this one did, I don't have a laptop to carry to work. having a phone that I could send him photos to his email and exchange emails, text and voice, was, to say the least, invaluable!!!
So, I felt that a smart phone was the way to go. It has a touch screen that I swear I live in fear of.. A person can go a long way in the wrong direction with those if you're not paying attention. I'm sure I've mentioned on several occasions that I'm missing a few of my digits, so holding the phone without touching the screen can be a challenge, god forbid you accidentally touch that screen, you could wind up watching Cindy Lauper on you tube that way... or maybe on a conference call with Timbucktoo.
At first I was very unimpressed with the camera in the phone, it seemed like all the photo's came out blurry when compared with the Nikon Coolpix. So in my frustration I decided to do a little fiddling, instead of the ole' point and shoot, Low and behold, it actually does a lot more than just taking your run of the mill baby photo.
Here's one of my experiments...

No comments: