Thursday, March 12, 2009

For anybody unfamiliar with them, these are Angel cards. Ms. Lea introduced them to me shortly after we started dating.
As I understand it, the way it works is, keeping your eyes closed or blindfolded or something or the other, you draw a card, without looking to see which one you're choosing, they're all supposed to be face down so you won't know. But I, not wanting to leave any thing to chance, have marked the back of a few of the more choice ones, like power and riches, just to make sure that I get a good one once in a while.
Anyway, the way it work is you draw a card, then you sit down in a quiet place, preferably, with some incense burning( we prefer Nagchampa) and you contemplate the thought on the card, therefore, placing that thought foremost in your mind for the day. In this manner, hopefully, influencing the Fates that you should have, say, a inspirational, playful, delightful day.
The post I wrote on March 8th was titled Healing. That was the Angel card, that I drew that a.m., I'm pretty sure, that I probably wouldn't have called Sunday a healing day. I was still very angry from all the stuff that's been going on, so... Although, I guess it coulda been worse ....

Adventure. For two days in a row, I've drawn the adventure card.
Now, let me see if I can figure out how to apply adventure to yesterday. The first thing we did yesterday a.m. was run 4 yards of garbage to the dump, Adventuresome?
Then I ran stepson to his job and dropped him off, headed home , picked up Ms. Lea, headed to town so she could get her nails done. Went to the bread outlet for stale bread for livestock, went to Kinko's to fax a w2 request form off to one of last years employers. Adventuresome?
My big adventure yesterday? Buying cigarettes! They went up a whole dollar all at once! wow!
I didn't buy them, I decided to quit!

So, I bet you can guess what the big Adventure for today is. My first day of quitting!
( my god that was a long way to go just to get to that last line)
THE ADVENTURE BEGINS!!!
WISH ME LUCK!!!

No comments: