Tuesday, March 3, 2009

ORPINGTON HEN

It rained today. It was a cold cold rain. The kind of rain that tells a guy that we're not through with winter yet. In fact, the snow level is only a couple hundred feet above the house and the snow line clings to the hills like a bathtub ring. I hate the rain and I'm sick of winter.
I had high hopes for March this year, but, I can already tell that it's going to be one of those years. Here in the rolling hills of Southern Oregon, we have those years when it snows one last time, usually the fist week of April. So...
In order to keep from hanging myself from the living room light fixture, I have to look at the small things to get a laugh.
When we first got chickens we thought we were getting them for eggs. Nope, it seems our animal husbandry is not up to snuff, because, we just don't seem to get that many. They are however good for a few laughs.
Turns out that the chickens don't much appreciate the rain either. This one resourceful little Orpington hen discovered that not only is it dry on the porch, but, there's little scraps of cat food and birdseed on the porch, as well.
Later when we thought we'd got them all in, this is what we found.
Awesome!! I've lived and laughed through another day. Let's keep our hopes high for tomorrow!!!

No comments: