Saturday, February 7, 2009

AND WE ALL FALL DOWN!

This is me and the boys today. We went out to the west 40 and cut down 5 Madrone trees today. It took us about 4 hours to buck up 3 trees and load them into the truck. while doing so we picked up and piled brush and started it burning. Burn days around here are few and far between because this area seems to be prone to air inversions. Most of the neighbors don't seem to care about that, it seems like they just burn whenever they want.
I guess they figure that we live so far out that nobody will catch them.
Anyway, we worked about half the day and by that time we were all falling down tired. Even the chainsaw was a little tired. I had brought the dog down there so he wouldn't sit on the porch and bark at us and when I told the boys it was time to head back up, the dog kept trying to get in the truck. He was tired too!
Any how thats my day, now it's time to fix dinner for Ms Lea. I like to have dinner ready for her when she gets home so she can just sit down and relax for the evening. How does a salmon quiche sound?

No comments: