Sunday, February 15, 2009

IT'S THERAPEUTIC!

I asked the question a while back, why blog? I expressed many different ideas on the subject. All of them rather fuzzy and meaningless, I thought. The closest I think I came to any real sense was that putting things down on paper helped me to put them in perspective. Well now I've found the clinical proof for that. While reading the banner on my gmail page I came across a headline that sent me to a article in Wired Mag. that I thought was very interesting!

Quoting:
"Naming feelings takes some of the emotional impact out of them by engaging a brain region that aids self-control, according to new research.
"Putting feelings into words activates this region that's capable of producing emotional regulatory outcomes, which could explain why putting feelings into words dampens them down," Lieberman said in a presentation at the American Association for the Advancement of Sciences annual meeting on Saturday." Here's the link. Check it out. blog.wired.com"

No comments: