Saturday, February 14, 2009

MY VDAY PHILOSOPHY

O.k. so I agree yesterdays post was lame. Gratuitous and just plain lazy, far too easy.
Here we are though, February 14th and I just have to ask, How did it go?
I am not a big fan of the holidays, myself. Any holidays. Especially this one, I just can't seem to get it right!
I guess it starts with the attitude. In order to have a good Valentines day, it seems that you have to put a lot of effort and forethought into if, which is an issue for me, because I usually can't even remember what day of the week it is, much less which day of the month it is!
Before meeting Ms. Lea I never even bothered with any of the holidays, just seemed like a whole lot of effort with a whole lotta heartache for the return. However, after we got together it became quickly apparent that, that attitude was not gonna fly. You see kids need their Christmas and birthdays, it gives them something to look forward to and teaches them that it's better to give than receive. Ya right! I've got quite the story to tell on that subject, but that's for another post, maybe next Christmas.
I guess for me, everything about Vday seems so cliched and by extension I feel like anything I get her is going to be blase. I would really really like for just once to actually surprise her. You know what I'm saying? I'd just like to blow her mind! Like maybe plan a trip to someplace sunny and sandy. She's the apple of my eye, my heart and soul. I love her soooo much and really wouldn't want to consider what life would be like without her. So to me, candy and flowers just don't cut it, they're like my post yesterday, phoning it in. But, because we're penniless at this point she got flowers and candy. She even acted happy about it. I felt bad!
The story is;
We were in walmart getting groceries and I kinda slipped off into the candy isle and grabbed a bag of chocolate hearts, but when we got to the register she had to pay for them as I had no money. Good, are'nt I? I wasn't feeling good about that, so in all of my running around yesterday, I went and got her some flowers, when I got home and put them in the vase I realized that there was just going to be no place to put them where they would look good because the house was a mess. Now normally I keep the house fairly nice for her so she doesn't have to come home from work to a big mess, but the last few days I've been outside cutting wood so I'd gotten a little bit behind. Well on realizing that, that wasn't going to fly, I jumped in, washed the dishes, cleaned and mopped floors and in general just spiffed at least the front half of the house up so my flowers would present well.
She got off of work, after a 12 hour day at FTD, at 7:30 pm. I picked her up and we had to drove an hour and a half to Roseburg to drop of the Stepson so he could spend the weekend with his brother. At 10 pm we started the return trip home and finally got home around 11:30. She walked thru the door and saw the flowers and made pleased sounds. I, however, was not pleased, as "OTHER", my stepsons friend who is staying with us had apparently made himself dinner and left his dishes on the counter by the sink. This is how holidays turn out bad for me, I was upset, it kinda ruined the mood. Know what I'm sayin'?
So, my philosphy is this;

CHERISH HER, LOVE HER, TAKE THE BEST CARE OF HER THAT YOU ABSOLUTLY CAN.

MAKE HER EVERY SINGLE DAY VALENTINES DAY

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY HONEY.

I LOVE YOU!!!

1 comment:

Ms. Lea said...

That's what I truly Love about you! Happy Valentines Day!!