Thursday, February 5, 2009

OF WANT AND ASTROLOGY


I don't know if you saw it or not, the little NaBloPoMo button down there in the middle of the page, but I signed on to post something on Pb4ugo everyday for the month of February. now nobody is twisting my arm to do this, however, on days like today it gets pretty hard to sit down and put some words down on the page without making it sound like I'm a total whiner.
Years ago someone that I worked with explained to me the difference between whining and bitching. You see, supposedly, it's all right for a guy to bitch but not all right to whine. The way it was explained to me, was, whining is done in a high nasally tone of voice and bitching is done in a somewhat deeper tone of voice. Frankly tho, I've always had a tendency to let the tone of my voice rise a octave or so when I'm upset, so, since I'm not quite sure how to convey the lower registers while I'm sitting at a keyboard, you're just going to have to take my word for it.

I'm not whining!!!

The theme of this months NaBloPoMo is, "WANT".
I don't know if you can tell from my previous posts or not, but I really like to do, what I do, namely, build buildings, actually build anything!!The upshot?

I "WANT" A JOB!!!!!!

Especially, on a day like today, when one of the first things on the agenda is to call the creditors and explain to them why I don't have their money. The other thing I was supposed to do is take the two 19 yearolds I have living under my roof, for free I might add, to their college bowling class. (bowling? that's not college!) Maybe I shouldn't rush through this, 'cuase that may sound like whining.

Some facts you need to know:
1. My wife has my truck because, unlike the men in the household, she has a full time job.
2. The clutch is out in her 4runner.
3. I don't have the measly $150.00 that it costs to put a new clutch disc in it.
4. My stepson only took 2 credits this semester. guess. Got it in one! Bowling!
5. He needed at least 6 to qualify for the student discount with the insurance co.
6. I can't afford to pay the difference.
7. No insurance= no driving.

I repeat I am not whining!!!

8. Things being what they are, we needed to take stepsons truck.
9. With me driving.
10. Every where I go, so Freeway goes, Freeway is a four year old Victorian Bulldog. Guess how he got his name? Because he goes everywhere with us!

Okay, now back to the narrative.
I got all ready to go take the boys bowling, including grabbing my cigarettes and a cup of coffee. Mind you, I'm not allowed to smoke in Stepsons truck, a rule that I adhere to. It is after all his truck and I don't even like the way cig. smoke makes my truck smell. The issue begins here when I get Freeway ready to go, I'm getting the feeling that Stepson doesn't want the dog in his truck. Tough shit! So I put the coffee cup down on the hump between the seats, the dog climbs in and of course spills the coffee. Any of you that have teenagers know the "HUFF"! Yup, that's right I got the "HUFF". OOOOk I'm irritated now. Finally, we get the dog in the back, it's an xtra cab and the other teenager insists he's going to ride in front with us.
The truck is a 1986 Ford Ranger 4x4, it's small!! I'm 6'2 265, Stepson is 6'2 165, Other is 6'0 186-190. We don't all fit in front. We can't get our seat belts on, I'm getting more irritated!!!
Deeeep breath.... count to ten, don't loose it big fella( internally of course, and in a lower octave also I might add)
Zoom zoom away we go! Before we get to the bottom of the driveway the bulldog finds a nice tennis ball on the back on the floor board. Another big fuss!!!!
You probably don't know much about bulldogs, but you don't play fetch with bulldogs, they don't let go, they were bred that way, that's what makes them bulldogs. What's more, they will pop a tennis ball in one chomp. That ball is toast, another "HUFF". I'm done, I'm soooo Dooone! I turned the truck around drove back up the driveway, got out, got the dog out, and told the boys, you're on your own, I'm not going! No sooner had the door shut and away they go, sans insurance and all.
I just received a call tho from Stepson, he'd drove a mile down the road to where Others aunt lives and talked her into driving them to college. (bowling!!!)

Now, as I explained to you b4, I'm a big man, 6'2 265 is nothing to sneeze at, admittedly I'm fat. 40 pounds over weight, but still heavily muscled. You don't compete as a bodybuilder AND work in construction without putting on some muscle. I'm ugly! I shave my head, my hair (facial) isn't even gray anymore, it's white! I'm tattoed and pierced. Let me put it this way, if I came to your door, say to borrow a cup of sugar, most likely, you wouldn't even open your door to me!
I pose now to you this question:

HOW DID THESE BOYS FIGURE OUT I'M A PUSHOVER???

I know what the problem is, I'm a Gemini, what is more I'm a double Gemini. My sun sign is Gemini and I was born under a Gemini moon. I was cursed with the ability to almost always be able to see both sides of the situation. I empathize. When I'm in a good mood I'm a nice guy, too nice. However, being a twin means that there's the other side......

And some times I whine!!!

I WANT A JOB, PLEEEZE?

No comments: