Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hen House

I build chicken coops. I build lots of chicken coops.
For many years when the weather got really bad or I had to spend all day tying rebar with my hands at my feet, (back pain) I would swear that I would someday find something I could do at home in a nice warm comfy garage. Well I found something to do at home, only I don't have a nice warm comfy garage, I still freeze when it's cold. Now don't get me wrong, I've found something to do that I'm very good at and for the most part I enjoy, I thank god everyday for the money that gets us by, but... well at times I get tired of building the same coops over and over. It has to be done that way in order to be cost effective but it gets boring doing my designs over and over, so sometimes I take on a coop that's a little different.
About 6 months ago I was contacted by a guy from Crescent City Ca.. Yep, the very same CC that was just hit by the tsunami last Saturday, any way he wanted one of my smaller coops but with some alterations to the original design. Treated 4x4's, expensive plywood, drop out ladder, corner trim, etc.
It was fun to build and to be perfectly honest with you I'm pretty damn proud of the finished product!! What do you think?

No comments: